Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tarte Cosmetics from Ideeli

A few weeks ago, Tarte was on sale at ideeli, a sample sale site.  With an in-store credit to spend, I decided to order a few items since they were great deals.  The order was placed on April 24th and I received the final package on May 13th (two sets were shipped separately).












Tarte Vitamin-Infused Lipgloss
, regular retail price: $21 each
Liquid Sunshine (nude) and R&R (plum) were sold as a set on ideeli for $14.  For reviews of the lipgloss, check out Sephora.

Tarte hEYE Impact Waterproof Creaseless Shadow/Liner Duos, regular retail price: $36 set
Also sold as a set in Bronze and Plum, these duos were $19.  I swatched these babies at work and I couldn't rub them off (even with a wet tissue)!  For half the day, I was stuck with makeup swatches on my hand.  I would say they are definitely smudge-proof.

Here's a swatch in natural light...


Bronze (top)

Plum (bottom)






Total regular retail price: $78

Total purchase price (including $10 shipping): $43

Total savings = $35!

Sample sale sites are great ways to shop luxury brands at a discount!  Sites that I've also purchased beauty products from include Gilt Groupe (another Tarte sale!) and HauteLook (scored an Emjoi Soft Caress Epilator for $47).  There are a ton of sample sale sites out there now.  Follow them daily as sales change every 24-48 hours.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment