Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Oh, how I love Ulta!

I made several stops into Ulta over the past week to check out some goodies.  Armed with coupons and their weekly circular, I think I experienced some savings success (although I'm not quite as good as Nouveau Cheap or Er1ca).

Beauty trip #1:














Here's a breakdown of the goods...

NYX Eyeshadow Palette, regular retail price: $9.99
NYX palettes were on sale for $7.49.  I picked up the Smokey Eyes palette during this trip.













L'Oreal True Match Foundation, regular retail price: $8.99
L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base, regular retail price: $12.99
L'Oreal True Match Foundation and Studio Secrets Primer were on sale for 2 for $16.  I picked up the foundation in W4 and the Primer only comes in one color -- pink, which applies transparent.  I had a $2 coupon for each product (total $4), so I picked up both products for $12.

Nivea A Kiss of Moisture Hydrating Lip Care SPF 4, regular retail price: $2.99
Nivea lip balms were on sale for $2.54 each.  I clipped a coupon from All You magazine for buy one, get one free... that's $2.54 for two Nivea lip balms!

Total regular retail price: $37.95

With a $5 coupon from Instyle magazine, total purchase price including sales tax was $18.24.

Total savings = $19.71!


Beauty trip #2:
















After watching Fafinettex3's video, I went back to Ulta for NYX's Jazz Night palette -- sale price $7.49 (reg. $9.99). 












I also picked up three jumbo eyeshadow pencils -- Cottage Cheese, Pots & Pans and Slate ($4.19 each).

Regular retail total for these four products -- $22.56.  I paid (including sales tax) $12.51Savings = $10.05

There was an Ulta Reward Certificate/coupon attached to the mailer that I had received -- either Level 1 reward or $3.50 off $10+ purchase.  NYX was on sale for buy 2, get 1 free (excluding the palettes).  Redeeming the reward during the NYX promo, I ended up getting three jumbo eyeshadow pencils for the price of one! 


Beauty trip #3:
I purchased nothing during this stop into Ulta, which was the 3rd trip in one week.  My mother and sister wanted to pick up a few things, so I just tagged along -- for moral support. :)


Now, I am officially banned from buying makeup until I have completed "Project 10 Pan" (finish 10 products before purchasing new products).  I've already failed miserably at this Project as I first started it on April 4, 2010.  It is now May 5, 2010. 

No comments:

Post a Comment